Wednesday 10 October 2012

Harry Potter Studio Tour

Okay so I love Harry Potter!

I am not totally obsessed with Harry Potter or anything but for some reason this year I have ended up visiting 3 Harry Potter Places..

In April I visited The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, at Universal Studios Orlando.


Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross


And on Sunday my friend Kate and I visited the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Watford 
(Or as they like to call it - London)

The tour starts with the Cupboard Under the stairs...


This actually was a very close resemblance to my friend Kate's room in her final year of Uni.

Next you are taken into the Great Hall and  a tour guide tells you about the ceiling, the filming and parts you wouldn't notice if you were watching the film.


Its kind of hard to get your head around the fact the Great Hall is a set and not an actual room, you can see how thin the walls are in this picture


Here's some facts for you on the set of the Great Hall



This is Hagrids House!


They actually made 2 versions of Hagrid's house, one is a normal size and one is smaller to make Hagrid into a giant.

This is Dumbledoors office.
All the books you can see on the bookcases are made out of telephone books covered in leather


The car...



PRIVET DRIVE



Everybody needs good neighbours...

The amazing purple Knight Bus


Gringotts Bank Man (I really should know the names!)


Hagrid and his long lost daughter


I am so happy I know how Hagrid is made into a giant! 
They used a man who was 6ft 11 and made him wear a large suit to make his body bigger.
Then they made a animatronic head to look like Robbie Coltrane to wear as a mask!

Clever. Very Clever.


DOBBY!



We then went on to do a spot of shopping in Diagon Alley..



This is the actual model of Hogwarts used for all shots of the school in all of the movies.
It really is incredible what  film makers can do.




Then it was time for some gift shop fun!!





This obviously was not the whole tour in pictures, there's much more inside and I would highly recommend going if you like Harry Potter or are interested in film making.

There is a green-screen section (you are not allowed to take pictures) where you can ride a broomstick through Hogwarts and London Town. Its a lot of fun and a great day out.

It took us around 3 hours to walk around but people have been known to stay there for 11 hours!!
When I got home I watched the first Harry Potter film again knowing everything I know now I am in complete awe of the films. 

Tickets are £28 an adult.

I have recently discovered that I can't read on a hangover..nothing goes in, so for those of you that are like me and like to get drunk at the weekend I would recommend paying extra and getting headphones so you don't have to read the signs!

Also make sure you have enough spare change for the gift shop.
A chocolate frog is about £7 as are the Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans!


No comments:

Post a Comment